I’m pleased to report that I am finished the top of my Crepe dress as part of Gertie’s Crepe Sew-Along! I think the sew-along has been a great way for me to learn better sewing techniques, but the actual sewing schedule doesn’t really work for me… I’m definitely more of a “guerrilla style” sewer where I like to tackle one project at a time and finish it in (more or less) a single day, rather than someone who only does one small bit each day, dragging it out over a long period of time. That being said, I do realize that I am fortunate to have lots of spare time – no kids to take to soccer after school, etc etc. So fair enough – it works for lots of folks.
|See feedback and fitting tips on Flickr|
I followed Gertie’s alterations and moved the bust darts down about an inch, but now it seems a bit weird. The fabric keeps bunching up under the bust, and some ladies commented on my Flickr photo saying that I should probably move the bust dart back up to its original spot as well as take it in a bit under the bust. So far, I’ve just pinned the fabric (no photos yet) and it definitely seems to improve things. So a big shout out to the Flickr folks!
Anyhow, we took a week-long vacation to the coast (Vancouver Island and Squamish) to visit some friends and just get away from it all, so I fell behind a bit in the Sew Along. Oh well, I will try and finish the last of it this week. Possibly tomorrow, I’m rather sleepy now. Good night!
|A picture I took at the Victoria Butterfly Garden – a great place to go on a wet, grey day in February!|