I thought I’d better post a bit more about the baby bathrobe I made for my friends’ preemie daughter last month… I used Simplicity 3711 and some fabric I’d found at a thrift store to make an adorable little bathrobe for baby O. I ended up making size XS – 0-3 months, but since she was born at only 29 weeks it might be a little while before the little darling can fit it. No matter – both her parents said they love the bathrobe, so I’m hoping it will get lots of use once she’s big enough.
|Close up of the pockets|
The pattern came together pretty easily, but I had some trouble with the lining. I used a really thick towel material which turned out too bulky to fit underneath the thin cotton outer portion of the robe. Next time I make this pattern, I might even choose to go one size up in the outer layer to avoid the bunching at the sleeves and armpits. I also had a tough time with the sleeves; the lining was too long in some places and too short in the others so it didn’t have a very nice finish. Luckily you can’t see it unless you roll up the sleeves. Which they might have to do since O is so little…
I’m actually quite embarrassed at how long it’s been since my last post… It’s been a bit of a whirlwind around here for the past month or so – I finally got a job! Woo hoo! It’s only part-time, and in Whistler so I have a 45-minute (although spectacularly beautiful) commute. That and Blogger seemed to be down for awhile, I wasn’t able to log on to create a new post. Hopefully now it’s all fixed, since I have LOTS of projects on the go (as well as working at my new job) – I’m making three bridesmaid dresses for the weddings I’m in later this summer. More about those later.
Happy Sunday everyone!